Dr. Caren Rodrigues
Ph.D (IIM Bangalore)
Asst. Prof. Organizational Behavior
Co-Chair of Center for Business Research
Doctoral Program in Management
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
Specialization: Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
Doctoral Thesis Title: The Effects of Country-Level Factors on Expatriate Outcomes
• Awarded the Director's Merit Award (IIMB)
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
BMS College of Engineering, Visveswaraiah Technological University
• First Class with Distinction in all Eight Semesters
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
1. Caren Rodrigues and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2016). Mirror, mirror on the wall: Identity-
image interactions and the sales force in high threat. European Management Review, the
journal of the European Academy of Management.
2. Mukta Kulkarni and Caren Rodrigues. (2014). Engagement with Disability: Analysis of
Annual Reports of Indian Organizations. The International Journal of Human Resource
Management, Vol. 25, Issue 11.
3. Sourav Mukherji, Caren Rodrigues, Sridhar Pabbisetty. (2012). LabourNet: Empowering
Informal Sector Labourers. Harvard Business School Case (IMB355-PDF-ENG).
Peer Reviewed International Conferences
1. Caren Rodrigues, Anup Krishnamurthy, and Archana Gorur. (2017). Creating Image-
Identity Congruence when Organizational Values are Consciously Changed: A
Performance Management Perspective. The 2017 Annual Conference of the Emerging
Markets Conference Board, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies, Indian Institute
of Management Lucknow (IIM-L), Noida Campus.
2. Anup Krishnamurthy, Caren Rodrigues, and Siddhi Ajmera. (2017). The Different
Emotions in Viral Advertising: An Exploratory Study. The 2017 Annual Conference of the
Emerging Markets Conference Board, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies,
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L), Noida Campus.
3. Caren Rodrigues. (2016). How Country-Level Factors Affect Expatriates’ Adjustment.
Proceedings of the Midwest Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting, Fargo.
4. Caren Rodrigues and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2016). When Subsidiaries Follow their
Parents’ CSR Focus: The Influence of Organizational Characteristics. Proceedings of the
Midwest Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting, Fargo.
5. Anup Krishnamurthy and Caren Rodrigues. (2016). Word-of-Mouth and the Brand Image
of Small Businesses: A Consumer Expectations Lens. Proceedings of the Midwest
Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting, Fargo.
6. Caren Rodrigues and Mukta Kulkarni. (2013). Indian Organizations and their CSR
Disclosures: Interesting Patterns and their Ethical Implications. Proceedings of the
Academy of Management 2013 Annual Meeting, Florida.
7. Caren Rodrigues. (2012). "Can’t Trust Anyone": Risk Aversion among India’s Poor.
Proceedings of the 42nd St. Gallen Symposium, Switzerland. This won the Wings of
8. Caren Rodrigues. (2012). CSR towards Disadvantaged Groups, but what about Equal
Opportunity Employment? The Influence of Parent Company and National Context on
Subsidiaries in Emerging Markets. 5th International Conference on Corporate Social
Responsibility, Humboldt University, Berlin.
9. Caren Rodrigues and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2011). The Effects of Boundary Spanning
Work on Organizational Identity in High-Threat Contexts. Proceedings of the Eastern
Academy of Management 2011 International Conference. Eastern Academy of
10. Sourav Mukherji and Caren Rodrigues. (2010). Labournet: Balancing Social Value with
Commercial Value. Proceedings of the 7th Annual Satter Conference on Social
Entrepreneurship, Stern School of Business, New York University, New York.
11. Caren Rodrigues, Ashwin Iyer, Lakshminarayan Swaminathan, Rohith S, Lakshmi
Thulasidas and Abhoy Ojha. (2010). Adapting to Organizational Change: Hindustan
Unilever Research Centre. Tejas – IIMB Knowledge Portal.
12. Caren Rodrigues and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2009). Sisters of Saint Anne Bangalore: A
Case Study in Social Entrepreneurship in Education. Proceedings of the 6th Annual Satter
Conference on Social Entrepreneurship, Stern School of Business, New York University,
Awards & Research Grants
• 2016 Junior Faculty Award, Midwest Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting,
• Director's Merit Award, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, for best academic
performance during doctoral program coursework, 2009-2011.
• Award Winner, St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award, termed the “Oscar for Young
Academics”, Switzerland, 2012.
• Research Mobility Grant, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), provided under
the Centre for Modern Indian Studies, Chair of Economic and Social Education at the
University of Cologne, Germany, 2013.
• Co-Chair of the Center for Business Research
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (Bangalore)
• Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (Bangalore)
Courses taught: Organizational Behavior; Performance Management;
Organizational Structure and Design.
2016 - present
• Editor, Business Review India
I have positioned this journal - from the Center for Business Research - as
a double-blind peer-reviewed journal meant exclusively as an outlet for
novel work of doctoral students in business and management in India.
2016 - present
• Member, Academic Council
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (Bangalore)
• Research Assistant at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Worked with Prof. Mukta Kulkarni (Associate Professor, IIMB) and with Prof.
Sourav Mukherji (Associate Professor and Dean of Programmes, IIMB).
• Teaching Assistant at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
For the following courses:
1. Decision Making (Post Graduate Program in Management)
2. Managing Organizations (Post Graduate Program in Management)
• Perot Systems
• Research Fellow
Center for Modern Indian Studies, University of Cologne (CMIS-UC).
Consultancy & Projects
1. Managerial Competency-based Assessment Center
Assessment Center for the Post of Director: Nova Nordisk (in 2016)
2. Managerial Competency-based Development Centers
Workshops to enhance skills of line managers in the following organizations:
• Nova Nordisk (in 2014 and 2016)
• Goodrich Aerospace (in 2012)
3. Invited as expert speaker on cross-cultural issues
Toshiba (in 2015 and 2016)
4. Centre for Air Borne Systems (CABS)
Project undertaken for the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Ministry
of Defence, Government of India in 2006.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) 1600 / 1600