Dr. Anup Krishnamurthy
PhD (IIM Bangalore)
Asst. Prof. Marketing
Co-Chair of Center for Business Research
Doctoral Program in Management
Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)
Specialization: Marketing (minor in Organizational Behavior)
Doctoral Thesis Title: Exploring Consumer Satisfaction and Loyalty
Brief Description: The three essays of my thesis built a body of work towards the re-
conceptualization of the consumer satisfaction-loyalty relationship using Prospect Theory from
Award: Thesis was selected as the best marketing thesis in India for the year 2016-17 by the
Scientific Committee of the International Marketing Trends Conference for the Best Thesis
Award and ESCP Europe.
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
BMS College of Engineering, Visveswaraiah Technological University
• First Class with Distinction in all Eight Semesters
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
1. Anup Krishnamurthy and Pradip Sadarangani. (2016). Shared Consumer Needs Across
India and China: A Path to Global Advertising of Services? Management International
2. Anup Krishnamurthy and Caren Rodrigues. (2016). Mirror, mirror on the wall: Identity-
image interactions and the sales force in high threat. European Management Review, the
journal of the European Academy of Management.
3. Anup Krishnamurthy and S. Ramesh Kumar. (2015). Exploring the Formation of
Consumer Expectations. Journal of Customer Behaviour, 14(01), 7-31.
4. Pradip Sadarangani, Nilesh Vani, and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2011). Aptech Limited.
European Case Clearing House (ecch), now called The Case Centre; Case Study and
Teaching Note Reference no. 511-057-1.
Peer Reviewed International Conferences
1. Anup Krishnamurthy, Caren Rodrigues, and Siddhi Ajmera. (2017). The Different
Emotions in Viral Advertising: An Exploratory Study. The 2017 Annual Conference of
the Emerging Markets Conference Board, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies,
Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L), Noida Campus.
2. Caren Rodrigues, Anup Krishnamurthy, and Archana Gorur. (2017). Creating Image-
Identity Congruence when Organizational Values are Consciously Changed: A
Performance Management Perspective. The 2017 Annual Conference of the Emerging
Markets Conference Board, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies, Indian
Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L), Noida Campus.
3. Anup Krishnamurthy and Caren Rodrigues. (2016). Word-of-Mouth and the Brand Image
of Small Businesses: A Consumer Expectations Lens. Proceedings of the Midwest
Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting, Fargo.
4. Caren Rodrigues and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2016). When Subsidiaries Follow their
Parents’ CSR Focus: The Influence of Organizational Characteristics. Proceedings of the
Midwest Academy of Management 2016 Annual Meeting, Fargo.
5. Anup Krishnamurthy. (2012). Unraveling the Satisfaction-Loyalty Relationship through
Cumulative Prospect Theory. China India Consumer Insights Conference by the Yale
School of Management (New Haven, USA).
6. P. Radhika, Anup Krishnamurthy and G. Shainesh. (2012). Drivers of Behavioral
Intentions for a New Service among Current Customers. The 6th Annual Great Lakes-
NASMEI Conference (Chennai, India).
7. Caren Rodrigues and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2011). The Effects of Boundary Spanning
Work on Organizational Identity in High-Threat Contexts. In Proceedings of the Eastern
Academy of Management International Annual Meeting 2011. Eastern Academy of
8. Anup Krishnamurthy, Shyam Gopinath and Lakshman Krishnamurti. (2011). The
Neglected Many: Consumers Who Intentionally do not Display Word-of-Mouth
Behavior. China India Consumer Insights Conference by the Yale School of Management
(New Delhi, India).
9. Anup Krishnamurthy, Pradip Sadarangani, Piyush K. Sinha, and Liyan Zhang. (2010).
Consumer Insights in Emerging Markets: An Application to the Information Technology
Education Market. China India Consumer Insights Conference by the Yale School of
Management (Beijing, China).
10. Caren Rodrigues and Anup Krishnamurthy. (2009). Sisters of Saint Anne Bangalore: A
Case Study in Social Entrepreneurship in Education. The 6th Annual Satter Conference on
Social Entrepreneurship, organized by the Stern School of Business, New York University
(New York, USA).
Awards & Research Grants
• Thesis was selected as the best marketing thesis in India for the year 2016-17 by the
Scientific Committee of the International Marketing Trends Conference for the Best
Thesis Award and ESCP Europe.
• Awarded Outstanding Reviewer, Midwest Academy of Management 2016 Annual
• Awarded Outstanding Reviewer, Emerald Literati Network 2014 Awards for Excellence,
in recognition of excellent work and significant contribution as a reviewer throughout
• Research grant for data collection and analysis for two essays in the doctoral thesis by the
Research & Publications wing of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB).
• Co-Chair of the Center for Business Research
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (Bangalore)
• Assistant Professor of Marketing
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (Bangalore)
Courses taught: Marketing Management; Sales & Distribution; Research
2016 - present
• Member, Board of Studies
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (Bangalore)
• Research Assistant at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
Worked with Prof. G. Shainesh (Professor, IIMB) and Prof. Pradip
Sadarangani (Assistant Professor, IIMB).
• Teaching Assistant at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
For the following courses:
1. Consumer Behavior
2. Customer Relationship Management
3. Marketing Management
4. Strategic Marketing for High Technology and Innovation - Level 1
5. Strategic Marketing for High Technology and Innovation - Level 2
6. Personal Values and Goals
7. Marketing Management in the World of High Technology and Innovation
• Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
Programmer Analyst (Business Intelligence)
Was awarded the Special Contribution to Project Excellence (SCOPE) Award
Consultancy & Projects
1. Managerial Competency-based Development Centers
Assessment Center for the Post of Director at Nova Nordisk in 2016.
2. Nike India
Feasibility study of a new category opportunity in India for Nike in 2011.
3. Centre for Air Borne Systems (CABS)
Project undertaken for the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Ministry
of Defence, Government of India in 2006